If you like this article, please share:
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN AND CORN PATTIES
200g chicken breast – minced
1/3 large fresh corn-on-the-cob (refer to note 1)
3 pieces of water chestnuts – finely diced
10 strings of fine French beans – finely diced
1 small red onion (about 60g) – minced
½ cup normal breadcrumb/ panko crumb (Japanese breadcrumb)
2 ½ tbsp cornflour
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
2 tsp cooking oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp sugar
¼ tsp paprika (optional)
Dash of pepper
- Put chicken breast, sweet corns, water chestnuts, fine French beans and red onion into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add in breadcrumb and cornflour to the mixture.
- Add in egg, seasoning and oil. Stir in one direction until the batter is well distributed.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Drop1 tablespoonful of batter into the pan and flatten slightly with a spatula/ fork. Lower heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cook the patties in batches. (refer to note 2)
- Transfer patties to a serving plate lined with kitchen paper. Best to serve warm with dipping sauce.
- Remove the outer leaves and thin hairs (silk), wash and rinse and then carefully run a knife down the cob to cut out the corns.
- Keep the patties manageable at a heaped tablespoon. Too large a patty will take longer to cook and the patty may break up. Use a spoon to scoop the batter and a fork to scrape the batter into the pan.
- There is no need to pre-cook the fresh corns.