HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE ROLL PASTRY
RECIPE : HOW TO MAKE THE PASTRY AND PINEAPPLE ROLL
Makes: 75 rolls
250g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
50g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
360g plain flour mixed with 2 tbsp corn flour (sifted)
¼ tsp salt
Pineapple filing (Take 6g or ½ tsp heapful of filling and shape into a small elongated roll).
Egg wash – 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven at 160°C. Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Add in salt and beat until fluffy.
- Fold in sifted ingredients (divided into 2-3 times) and mix into a firm dough.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Put the dough into a pineapple roll pastry press or mould, and then press out into a strip of 5cm length.
- Place pineapple filing at one end and roll up the pastry, as in a Swiss roll, enough to enclose the jam. Do not overlap the pastry. Cut off the excess pastry.
- Put the rolls on the baking tray. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes and turn the baking tray 180 ° and continue to bake for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before storing.
- Pineapple tarts must be cooled completely before storing so that the rolls/ tarts will not turn moldy easily.
- Roll the pineapple filing one day in advance.
- Adjust the baking time and temperature according to your own oven. Mine is just a guide for reference.
- Use a premium brand for butter to get the buttery flavour for the pastry. I used Luprak brand.
- Best to be consumed within a week for its freshness.
- This recipe is only suitable to make the rolled type. It may not work well for the open-type and the closed type. So, please do your own experiment.
>>>>>> Click onto get the recipe on how to make pineapple jam……………..
If you like this article, please share:
Updated on 16.03.2011
Finally, thru a close friend of mine, I managed to find out the contact and pricing for the pineapple roll pastry press (brass) I bought many years ago in Kuala Lumpur. Below is the details:
BiDOVALLEY ENTERPRISE 美罗企业
No. 95 Jalan Besar 52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel/Fax: 603-6280 4668
HP: (6)012-323 0661 (Angie Ng Nyak Choo)
Updated on 16.03.2013
My reader (Alice Koh) has kindly shared with me her source to purchase stainless steel pineapple roll pastry press. The detail is as below:
BAKE WITH YEN (two shops away from Fatty Crab)
6, Jalan SS 24 / 13, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: +603 7804 9361
Monday – Saturday
9:00am – 6:00pm
Updated on 02.09.2013
HOUSE OF INGREDIENTS (HQ)
They sell stainless steel pineapple roll pastry press
No.19, Jalan Gangsa SD5/3F, Sri Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 03-6274 2262