If you like this article, please share:
RECIPS FOR FRIED EGGS IN TOMATO SAUCE
Source: My mother’s recipe
5 eggs (medium)
1 red onion (medium) – sliced
1 red chili (optional) – removed seeds and sliced
2 tbsp tomato ketchup (My mom used Maggi brand)
2 tsp cornflour
¾ cup of water
Dash of sugar and salt (if necessary)
- Heat up wok with oil. Fry eggs, one at a time. If you like a fully cooked egg, then break the egg yolk.
- Slice each fried egg into 4-5 pieces. Arrange nicely on a serving dish and set aside.
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl.
- Heat up wok again with oil. Sauté onion until fragrant.
- Add in red chili and stir-fry for a while.
- Add in seasonings and simmer until the sauce is thickened. Adjust seasonings according to your preference (salt, sugar or tomato ketchup).
- Pour over the fried eggs and serve.
- If you want a fried egg with crispy egg white outside and semi-cooked egg yolk, heat up wok to high heat. (source: Y3K magazine)