How To Make Your Own Fish Cookie Cutter
Things you need:
Empty aluminum can (wash, rinse and dry out properly)
Heavy duty and sharp scissors
Cardboard papers for folding purposes (cut out 2 strips with ½ inch and ¾ inch width respectively)
- Cut off the top and bottom of the can with scissors and discard them. (note 1)
- Cut the remaining part down the side so that you have a rectangle sheet. Trim and straighten any uneven edges with scissors if needed.
- Use a rule and marker/pen draw a strip measuring ½ inch width and 4½ inches long. Draw as many strips as possible. Then, cut them out.
- Take one strip, hold both its ends overlapping them by ¾ inch. Tape them together.
- Use the pre-cut cardboard strips as guide to bend or fold the tail of the fish. It should be ¾ inch for the flag edge and ½ inch for the sides. (note 2)
- Be extra careful when cutting aluminum can as the edges are very sharp.
- Be gentle when handling these metal strips. They are very filmsy and can easily break if you bend or fold them too much.
If you like this article, please share: