If you like this article, please share:
Makes: 4 persons
- Eggplants (6 ” or 15cm each) – It is only a guideline. It depends on the size of your baking dishes.
- Bolognese sauce/ meat sauce
- Shredded cheese – based on your preference (I used Mozallera)
- Cook bolognese sauce (refer recipe in Page 3).
- Slice eggplants (0.3cm thickness) and soak in salted water with vinegar for 10 seconds. Drain and pat dry. Pan fry both sides until lightly golden brown. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- How to assemble: prepare 4 baking dishes, add a layer of bolognese sauce, follow by eggplants, and then shredded cheese. Sauce –> eggplants –> sauce –> cheese. Repeat this process for 1 more time. The final layer must be ended with eggplants and covered with cheese.
- Baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Serve hot.
- You can repeat step (4) for 2-3 times depending on your preference.
- You can serve it with pasta as a complete meal.