If you like this article, please share:
BEETROOT SOUP RECIPE
Source: Adapted and modified from Noobcook
-Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for a while. Drain and set aside.
- Put 1200ml water into a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Add in pork ribs. Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour.
- After an hour, add in beetroot, carrot, celery and onion. Simmer for another 1 hour.
- Add in tomato wedges in the last 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
- Wash and rinse beetroot thoroughly before peeling off its skin. Do not rinse cut beetroots as the colour (and nutrients) will leach out.
- If you have time constraint, you can skip step (1) and (2). Add all the ingredients except tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour. Then follow step (4) & (5).