If you like this article, please share:
Recipe for Chrysanthemum and Wolfberry tea (菊花枸杞茶)
Source: Adapted and modified from 小小米桶。
Make 4-5 cups
1 liter water
25g dried chrysanthemum specially used for brewing tea (杭菊花)
2-3 tbsp wolfberries – highest grade (宁夏枸杞)
Handful of rock sugar (to taste)
- Put dried chrysanthemum into a sieve. Rinse through running water and drain.
- Rinse wolfberries and drain.
- Put dried chrysanthemum and water together in a cooking pot. Cover with lid and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and continue to simmer for another 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and let the dried chrysanthemum steep for 5 minutes.
- Filter with a sieve and re-boil the water.
- Add in rock sugar. When the rock sugar is almost dissolved, add in wolfberries.
- When the rock sugar is fully dissolved, turn off the heat and let the wolfberries steep for 5 minutes.
- Serve the tea together with the wolfberries.
- You can boil both dried chrysanthemum and wolfberries together at the same time. But if you want to eat the wolfberries later, it will be very troublesome to segregate them.
- It is highly recommended to get the best quality for both chrysanthemum and wolfberry to brew this tea.
- Another easier method suitable for working group is to put 10g of dried chrysanthemum and wolfberries respectively in a large teapot, add in 500ml boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. Ready to be served. (Source: Baidu)