food 4 tots

Easy Fresh Corn Soup

fresh corn, corn soup, cream corn soup, sween corn, toddler, kid, food for tots


From our local wet markets, I can easily find cheap and fresh corns year-round. So, I always buy some to keep. Before storing in the fridge, I wrap them un-husked with plastic wrap. This helps them to remain fresh for a week or two.


Fresh corns have wonderful natural sweetness. They are also versatile cooking ingredients. Thus, I love to add them to my soup. Previously, I had shared some corn soup recipes such as corn chicken soup, corn soup and corn chowder. Today, I am going to share another corn soup recipe, a favourite of my family. It is quick and easy to make. It only needs 4 simple ingredients and takes half an hour to make it.



fresh corn, corn soup, cream corn soup, sween corn, toddler, kid, food for tots


For this soup, fresh corn makes up almost 95% of the ingredients. The remaining 5% comes from onion and garlic. I use fresh corns but you can also use frozen corn. However, the fresh ones are still the best. I use my homemade chicken stock as the soup base. For those on a vegetarian diet, you can use vegetable stock or water instead. You only need a little bit of salt and ground pepper to bring out the freshness and sweetness of the corns. This soup is so creamy that I don’t even need to add in cream or milk to thicken it. The creaminess comes from the corns after blending. Don’t you think it is the great way to enjoy every bit of fresh corn? This soup is healthy and full of corn flavor. Once you have tasted it, I bet you will never go back to buying canned cream of corn.


This soup can be made in advance and frozen for about two weeks. When you want to consume, just reheat and serve. You can have fun garnishing it with shredded chicken, bacon or anything you like. But, my family prefers it plain. It is simply delicious!


Get the recipe and step by step tutorial for Easy Fresh Corn Soup at PAGE 2 BELOW.



If you like this article, please share:

Pin It!


  1. It looks really creamy and I bet with homemade stock, it must have tasted extremely fresh and delicious.

  2. tigerfish says:

    I hope to try this soon! Just 4 ingredients away to deliciousness πŸ™‚

  3. ying says:

    My 4yo had corn soup while dining out
    I just make this using pearl corn, my sons said too sweet! But nevertheless, it is so easy to prepare, no need for any canned soup at all. Thank you Ms Low again for your wonderful and easy to follow recipes πŸ™‚

  4. Jamie says:

    Great and seemingly easy recipe! Questions, though. What does step no. 7 mean? Is the soup not hot after making it? And how many does this serve? Gonna need it for my cooking class, thanks πŸ™‚

  5. Amber says:

    I noticed you mention to discard the kernels. Why would you discard them? Do you mean discard the Cobs?

  6. liu says:

    Hi, any alternatives if i do not have a blender?

    • food-4tots says:

      Liu: How about fruit juicer? Alternatively, you may consider chopping them fine and press the corn through a colander. It is very time consuming. Do consider investing a hand blender. πŸ™‚

Leave a comment