If you like this article, please share:
Recipe for Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Source: Adapted and modified from 樋口正樹 [蔬食點心這樣做! Vegetable Sweets & Snacks]
Make: 4 servings
2 medium size ripe avocados
2 teaspoons lemon juice
100ml milk (dairy or non-dairy milk)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons brown sugar (castor sugar, maple syrup, honey or any sweetener of your choice) – adjust amounts to your preferred sweetness
10g gelatin powder
Pinch of salt
Group C (optional)
Toasted coconut flakes
Toasted chopped pistachios
- Add all the Group B ingredients (except for gelatin) in a small sauce pan and mix until well combined. Then add gelatin to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise. Hold both halves and twist them in opposite directions until they separate. Remove the pit, drizzle the lemon juice on the avocado and then scoop out the flesh. Repeat the same for the 2nd avocado.
- Using a hand blender or food blender, process avocado and milk until perfectly smooth. Set aside.
- Heat up the sauce pan (from step 1) under low heat. Stir occasionally. When the mixture starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Combine the cocoa mixture with the avocado mixture (from step 3) until well blended.
- Pour the pudding mixture over ramekins, glasses or jars. Leave to cool. Cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours until the puddings are set.
- Before serving, garnish with coconut flakes and chopped pistachios. It is optional. You can also add other toppings of your choice or enjoy it plain.
- Avocado color does not always indicate ripeness. Ripe avocados will yield to firm gentle pressure. To test an avocado for ripeness, use index finger to gently press the stem tip. If you feel it lightly soft to the touch, then it is ripe. If it doesn’t, it will keep for a day or two. Store the ripe avocado in the fridge to prevent it from becoming overripe or spoiled.
- The amount of gelatin varies depending on the consistency you desire.
- Keep the pudding wrap or store in an air tight container at all time in the fridge. Best to consume within 3 days.