If you like this article, please share:
RECIPE FOR PEANUT SAUCE
Source: Modified from Food-4Tots Peanut Satay Sauce
Make: 1 rice bowl
3 shallots (chopped)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 red chili (removed seeds and chopped)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 ½ teaspoons coriander powder
2 tablespoons oil (I used extra light olive oil)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 ½ tablespoons peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
Salt and sugar to taste
- Put all the ingredients (A) in a food processor and process until it becomes paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet or frying pan under low heat. Sauté the spice paste (from step 1) until it’s fragrant and a bit of oil will rise to the top.
- Add in seasonings (A) and stir until well combined. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer the mixture in low heat until it is thickened. Stir occasionally to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar.
- The sauce is ready for serving.
- If you want a kid-friendly version, adjust the amount of red chilli as you like or omit it totally.
- If you want to make your own peanut butter or your own peanuts, you can refer to this post.
- After the sauce has cooled down, there will be a thin layer of oil rising to the surface of the sauce. It can be removed without affecting the taste of this sauce. But leaving some behind will prevent the sauce from turning dry.