If you like this article, please share:
Recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Popsicles
Make: 11 IKEA popsicle sticks
250g strawberries (roughly chopped)
250g cream cheese (1 packet), softened (cut into chunks)
60g Greek style yogurt
6 tablespoons honey or icing sugar
2-4 pieces of strawberries, diced (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, add strawberries and blend. Add cream cheese, and then Greek style yogurt and honey. Process until smooth and well combined. Taste and add more honey or sugar if desired.
- Pour the mixture through a funner into the popsicle moulds. Add some diced strawberries in between if you like. Use a chopstick or skewer to gently swirl the mixture together. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- To unmould, run the mould under running water for a few seconds and gently slide the popsicle out of the mould.
- Thaw the cream cheese at room temperature until it is softened. This will make the blending easier.
- I have a small blender. Hence, I blend the ingredients one at a time. For each addition, I just roughly blend it. When it comes to the last ingredient, I process them until smooth and well combined. Do not over process the mixture or else they will turn very watery.
- You can substitute strawberries with other berries such as cherries and blueberries.
- Greek-style yogurt is thicker and creamier than the normal plain yogurt. However, you can use plain yogurt as a substitute.
- If your moulds don’t come with sticks, cover the moulds with foil and insert wooden sticks through foil into each mould (refer photo below).
- If you intend to make a bunch of them, remove the popsicles from the moulds and wrap them individually with cling wrap. Store them in a freezer safe container or air-tight plastic bag.
- These popsicles keep well in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.