If you like this article, please share:
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE GRANOLA
Adapted and modified: Cannelle et Vanille
150g rolled oats (I used baby oats)
70g nuts and seeds – (The combination I used – slivered almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, white sesame seeds, flaxseeds)
60 ml apple juice
60 ml maple syrup (or honey)
30 ml coconut oil
½ tsp fine sea salt
90g dried fruits, more or less (I used cranberries, raisins and apricots)
- Preheat oven to 160C° (325F)
- Put the dried fruits in a colander. Rinse with running water and pat dry with kitchen towel. Set aside. (It’s optional).
- Combine the oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl.
- Combine the apple juice, maple syrup, coconut oil, sea salt in a medium saucepan. Gently heat all together until salt is dissolved and coconut oil is liquified. Pour liquid over the dry ingredients and toss to coat. Make sure all the ingredients are well coated with the liquid.
- Lay a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread the mixture evenly on it. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown. Stir the mixture every 15 minutes to make sure it is browned evenly without burning. Break any large clumps of granola if any.
- The granola may still be sticky when it is removed from the oven. It will become crispier and crunchier as it cools.
- Once the granola has completely cooled, stir in dried fruits.
- Store in an airtight container for a few weeks.
- Serve with fresh fruit over yogurt or milk.
- Suggested nuts: pistachio, almonds (sliced/ slivered), walnuts, cashews and pecans.
- Suggested seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, chia seeds and sesame seeds
- Suggested dried fruits: cranberries, raisins, blueberries, apricots and rasberries.
- Chop large nuts into smaller pieces for even baking.
- I have omitted vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and black pepper from the original recipe due to personal preference.