If you like this article, please share:
HOW TO MAKE TARO PUMPKIN PASTE
25g unsalted butter
50g castor/ icing sugar
15g milk powder
- Peel taro and pumpkin, then cut into cubes. Place on a steaming tray and steam until soft enough to be pierced with fork (about 30-40 minutes).
- While it’s still hot, use fork to mash.
- Add in butter, sugar and milk powder one after another and mix well (note 2).
- Leave to cool and store in fridge until needed.
- One day before making the buns, shape the paste into 30g ball each.
- Do not use baby taros. Get Lei Po taros or Thai taros because they are starchy. Those Chinese taros available during mid-autumn festival are also good.
- Do not add all the butter, sugar and milk powder. Leave some behind for final adjustment if needed.
- Best to make the paste one day in advance.
- Get the recipe for taro pumpkin buns at .