If you like this article, please share:
150g strawberries (about 6-8 medium sized)
4 tbsp fresh orange juice
50g whole porridge oats
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2-3 tbsp clear running honey
12 dsp/ 8 tbsp thick natural bio yoghurt (I used Pauls brand)
- Cut the green stalks and leaves from the strawberries and then thickly slice the fruit. Put the strawberries in a bowl and add the orange juice. Set aside.
- Put the oats in a frying pan and dry fry over a medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Turn the oats occasionally with a wooden spoon to make sure they cook evenly.
- Add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds and dry fry for another 2 minutes or until light golden. Take care – the pumpkin seeds may pop a little!
- Take the pan off the heat. Stir in the honey – it will sizzle at first but keep stirring until the oats and seeds are coated. Allow to cool slightly.
- Put a layer of the oats in the bottom of each glass. Add 2 heaped dessert spoonfuls (dsp) of yoghurt and then some of the fruit. Add another layer of each.
- If you want to speed up your preparation in the morning, you can toast oats and nuts the night before and store them in the fridge. Then you just need to assembly all the required ingredients during breakfast.
- For a tasty twist, try swapping strawberries with any choice of your favourite fresh fruits such as kiwi fruits, bananas, mangoes, blueberries and peaches, or even a mixed combination of them.
- You can still adjust the sweetness of this parfait by adding honey before serving.