If you like this article, please share:
RECIPE FOR FISH SPINACH PATTIES
Source: Own concortion by Alice of Bits-of-Taste
300g fish fillet, boneless (I used Sebelah fish fillet)
2 large Russet potatoes
One handful of spinach
2 tbsp self-raising flour
2 tbsp plain flour
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
Dash of ground black pepper
Dash of dried parsley
- Blanch spinach with boiling water and few droplet of sunflower oil. Drain and chopped coarsely.
- Peel potatoes skin, cut into small chunks. Blanch potatoes in a pot of boiling water with dash of salt until soft.
- Drain and mash potatoes immediately while hot with fork or potato masher.
- Chop or mince fish fillet. Combine minced fish fillet, potatoes and spinach in a big mixing bowl.
- Add in beaten egg and mix well.
- Add in flour gradually and combine well. Add in seasonings, mix well.
- Set the mixture aside for 15 mins in room temperature or in the fridge.
- Heat few tablespoons of olive oil on a non-stick frying pan.
- Spoon patties into round or oval shape with 2 spoons (about 1 tablespoon of mixture).
- Pan fry on low fire about 1 – 2 mins. Turn to another side, press the patties a little with a non-stick spatula.
- Pan fry until the patties are golden brown but not over cooked.
- Place patties on kitchen towels to absorb excessive oil.
- Serve while warm.
- You may use variant of fish fillet, such as salmon, dory, cod or any of your favourite fish fillet. Just to make sure they are boneless.
- You may substitute spinach with fresh basil or fresh coriander leaves.
- You may need to adjust the amount of flour to achieve a consistent batter.
- Always pan fry in low fire to avoid the patties to get burn or over cooked