If you like this article, please share:
Recipe: Triple Chocolate Brownies
Adapted from: Delicious Magazine
150g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
200g plain choc0late, chopped
175g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
75g plain flour, sifted
100g white chocolate, cut into 5mm-1cm chunks
100g milk chocolate, cut into 5mm-1cm chunks
Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Grease and line the based and 2 sides of a 20cm square cake tin with 1 piece of baking paper (this makes the brownie easy to lift out of the cake tin).
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water) and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and cool slightly.
- Using electric beaters, beat the caster sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time, until the mixture is well combined. Then, add the sifted plain flour and beat until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the white and milk chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing the brownie from the tin using the paper as handles. Cut into 20 squares and serve dusted with cocoa powder.