If you like this article, please share:
Recipe for Power-packed Oat Bars
Source: Adapted and modified from Annabel Karmel’s After School Meal Planner
Makes 10 bars
60g brown sugar
45g (3 tbsp) golden syrup
Pinch of salt
130g porridge oats
70g chopped dried apricots
25g dried cranberries
25g pumpkin seeds
15g (2 tbsp) sunflower seeds
25g dessicated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm (8 inches) square baking tin with grease proof paper.
- Mix all Group (B) ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt Group (A) ingredients over low heat. Stir the mixture occasionally until the butter has completely melted. But do not let the mixture boil.
- Stir in Group (B) mixture from step 3 and mix together until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and spread the mixture evenly on the tin. Press down to level the surface with a spoon/ potato masher.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and mark into slices. Leave to cool completely in the tin. Then chill in the fridge for 1 hour and cut into bars before serving.
- I had problem removing the grease proof paper in step (8) from the chilled bars just out of the fridge. But, once they warmed up in room temperature, the paper could easily be removed.
- If you don’t have oven, try this non-baked version here.