If you like this article, please share:
Recipe for Banana Bread
Adapted and modified: Jason Hills of Chef Tips
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup unsalted butter (softened) – about 120g
1 cup castor sugar – I used unrefined cane sugar
½ tsp salt
2 eggs (medium) – room temperature
½ tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp plain yogurt
5 medium-size bananas (fully ripen and soft) – I used pisang berangan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350F.
- Lightly grease a 20cm square cake tin (8cm height) and then carefully line it with grease-proof paper.
- Mix dry ingredients (plain flour, baking soda and baking powder) together and sieve. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, sugar and salt with an electrical mixer.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla essence and yogurt until just blended. One ingredient at a time.
- Fold in dry ingredients in step (3) into the wet ingredients in step (5).
- In another bowl, peel off the banana skins, mash with a fork and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake it for 45 – 50 minutes until risen and golden. If a toothpick/ skewer comes out clean, it is done.
- Remove it from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the tin, cut into slices and serve. Best to serve warm.