Happy 2009!

Photobucket

Hi Everyone! I am back after a long holiday break. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday for both my son and myself. I didn’t cook at all during this period. I am so glad that my son loves all my mum’s cooking especially her “char siew” (barbeque) chicken.

My hubby joined us towards end of December. He had not been to Penang for 2 years. Therefore, both of us launched a crazy food hunt to solve his “cravings”. At the end, we felt so quilty for overstuffing our stomaches with all the “sinful” food. As expected, our weights had gone upwards. 🙁 . Needless to say, my new year resolution is ……….. (Hehehe! I bet you know, right?)

After the holiday, there are millions of outstanding matters that I need to attend – unpacking, washing, cleaning, ironing, cooking etc etc. As Chinese New Year is approaching, I also have to do my spring cleaning. A super duper busy schedule to kick start my 2009 year. I will share with you some food photos I took in my next posting.

Below are some photos I snapped for fun:

(a) Potted plant at my sister’s condo balcony

Photobucket

(b) Penang view from my sister’s condo balcony. The tall building is Penang Komtar.

Photobucket

1. mycookinghut says:

Happy New Year to you too! It was probably more than 2 years since I last visited Penang… before my mind starts wandering, thinking of food… I better go to sleep else I will be hungry in a second!
    Good night! 🙂

2. noobcook says:

Welcome back! glad to hear you had a great and foodlicious holiday =)

3. Selba says:

Nice to see that you are back again 🙂

Can’t wait to see your food snaps!

4. Sharon says:

Hi,Happy New Year!! I’m waiting for your next food introduction 🙂 Last 2 weeks I try to do the pancakes, it’s really taste nice 😉

5. Piggy says:

you’re back! 🙂

you sis’s condo has such nice view of komtar area… ah… i miss penang food and i’m gonna eat myself crazy when i’m back for CNY. heehee…

6. pigpigscorner says:

Happy 2009! Can’t wait to see the delicious food you had in Penang!

7. pigpigscorner says:

Happy 2009! Can’t wait to see the delicious food you had in Penang!

8. Dora says:

Welcome back! Really miss ur cooking. 🙂

9. Malaysia Food Cuisine Blog says:

Happy new year too! It’s a great new year and I hope we can take more new good foods and live like in the heaven! 🙂

Do you mind if we do a link exchange ya? 🙂

10. ck lam says:

Welcome back…don’t keep us waiting too long for your new post…haha

11. Beachlover says:

long time no see!! oh yes Komtar!! nice and memory building!! I remember I took a bus there to sleeping Buddah when visit it last year,very hot !!

12. Tin says:

Hi
    Happy New Year to you!
    The photos are very nice, just like postcards!

13. Food For Tots says:

Hi Everyone,
    Nice to hear from you again! Thank you so much for your support and kind words!!! *O*

Hi Sharon,
    Tks for dropping by and glad that u luv the pancakes. 😉

Hi Piggy,
    Usually during CNY, many shops will be closed. Otherwise, there will be very long queue and the hawkers will increase their price. Anyway, I hope you will have a yummilicious food adventure during this coming CNY!

Hi Malaysian Food Cuisine Blog,
    Sure! Tks for the link! I had put yours too. 😉

Hi Beachlover,
    It is sad that Komtar is a very run-down building now. I heard that the local govt is going to revive this place. What? U took bus in Penang? I have not been taking a bus there for more than 2 decade! Hehehe!

Hi Tin,
    If u like these “postcards”, give me ur address, I will send them to u. Hehehe! Tks for your compliment. 😉

14. Bits of Life 'n' Taste says:

Happy new year my friend… nice pics nice view!

15. Chong Chee Kit says:

Thank for your ang pow.By the way nice dishes.

Love,
    Your food-loving nephew.

Andrew Chong Chee kit

16. Food For Tots says:

Hi Chee Kit,
    Tks for dropping by and your compliments. Happy Niu Year to you! Hope you have an enjoyable and memorable college year!