I like to use fresh lily bulbs and pine nut in stir-frying my vegetable dish because they are my son’s favourite. Fresh lily bulbs can also be used in porridge, soup and dessert whereas pine nut is to create the crunchiness to the dish.
90g celery (about 2 small stalks)- sliced diagonally
70g fresh lily bulbs – washed, discarded the yellowish bulbs and trimmed off the discoloured sides
60g water chestnut (about 2 pcs)- sliced
60g vegetarian mocked chicken slides (you can substitute with meat or chicken)
25g pine nut (roasted over a fry pan without oil under low fire until it turned slightly brown. You will notice some oil on its surface and can smell the nutty aroma)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
½ tbsp light soya sauce
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking rice wine)
Dash of pepper and sesame oil
Cornflour for thickening (diluted with water)
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil on a frying pan.
2. Stir fry quickly vegetarian mocked chicken slides and lily bulbs over medium heat (until lily bulbs turned transparent). Dish up and set aside.
3. Heat up another 1 tbsp oil. Stir fry celery and waterchessnut with 3 tbsp water over high heat for about 1 min.
4. Add in veg chicken, lily bulb, pine nuts and seasoning and mix well. Stir fry until medium heat
5. Add in cornflour solution, stir fry for a while. Dish up and serve.