This recipe is adapted from Women’s Weekly Foodbook magazine (tofu and crabmeat patties) with some slight modification.
240g crabstick filament (chopped finely)
150g tofu (½ block) 板豆腐
1 stalk spring onions (chopped finely)- use green part only
30g breadcrumb (You can substitute with crushed plain crackers)
2pcs waterchestnuts (chopped)
4 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
½ tsp sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Mash tofu and add in all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in seasonings and then add in beaten egg. Stir until mixture is well blended. Shape in 4-5cm diameter patties.
2. Put on a plate and cover with clip wrap. Refrigerate for about 30mins.
3. Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a pan over medium fire. When hot, add patties in batches. Cook for 3 mins on one side. Turn patties over and cook for another 2 mins or until brown.
4. Dish up and drain on kitchen towel.
5. Serve with dipping sauce.
Tips: Drain tofu and waterchestnus on kitchen towel so that the patties will be firmer.If you like this article, please share: