200g fresh button mushrooms (chopped)
1 large white onion (diced)
1 large stalk of celery (diced)
360ml stock (I diluted 1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock with water)
300ml fresh milk
3 tbsp plain flour
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a cooking pot.
2. Bake onion until translucent.
3. Lightly brown the mushrooms, then followed by celery
4. Stir in flour and mix well with the ingredients, then add in stock
5. Simmer for approx 20 mins. Stir occasionally.
6. Puree into a blender. (If you prefer a chunky soup, do not blend it until too smooth)
7. Pour back into the pot.
8. Add in milk and simmer for another 4 mins under medium heat. (Be careful not overboil the milk)
9. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve with homemade garlic bread.
You can also watch a video on How To Make Cream of Mushroom Soup from Video Jug