This is my hubby’s all-time favourite.
300ml warm water
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of pepper and chicken stock granules
Fried garlic or onion oil
Dash of light soya sauce
1. Combine all ingredients and seasonings and mix well with fork or chopsticks.
2. Use a sieve to strain the mixture into a steaming tray.
3. Steam at low heat for 10 mins or until set.
4. Use a small knife or fork to prick the centre. If it comes out clean, it is cooked. Remove.
5. Sprinkle spring onion, garlic or onion oil and light soya sauce on top of the steamed egg.
1. To ensure a smooth custard, do not steam eggs on high heat. In between, open lid to release steam.
2. Lightly beat the eggs to avoid too much air from getting in.