2 corn-on-the-cob sweetcorns
1 large carrot
1 white onion
Handful of mushroom stems (I had collected these stems from my previous cooking and stored them in the freezer) – optional
2 slices ginger
15 red dates (removed seeds)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash fish bones. Blanch in hot water.
2. Defrost mushroom stems, wash and set aside.
2. Cut sweetcorns, carrot, onion into big chunks.
3. Bring water to boil. Add in ingredients and bring soup to boil again.
4. Reduce to low heat and boil for 2 hours.
5. Turn off heat and add in seasonings.