20g 玉竹 (yu zhu)
20g 干百合 (dried lily bulb)
20g 芡实 (fox nuts)
20g 淮山 (huai shan)
20g 湘莲 (lotus seeds)
10 红枣 (red dates) – removed seeds
250g 瘦肉 (lean meat)
1 liter water
20g 圆肉 (dried longan)
2 tbsp 杞子(qi zi)
1. Rinse lean pork. Cut into large pieces. Scald
2. Rinse all the ingredients.Bring water to boil.
3. Add in Group A and bring the soup to boil again over high heat.
4. Then reduce to low heat and boil for 2 hours.
5. Add in dried longan after 1 hour and add in qi zi 5 mins before 2 hours. These 2 ingredients are not suitable to cook for too long otherwise the soup will turn sour.
6. Salt to taste and serve.