120g chicken breast (minced)
3 waterchessnut (chopped)
30g carrot (chopped)
1 Japanese beancurd (mashed) – also known as egg tofu (玉子豆腐, 蛋豆腐, 日本豆腐)
Small handful of frozen green peas
1½ tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
½ tsp sugar (optional)
Dash of sesame oil and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients with seasonings in a mixing bowl. Stir in 1 direction until well combined.
2. Add some cornstarch and bit of water to the mixture and mix well.
3. Put the mixture on a steaming tray and flatten it with a spoon. Arrange green peas on top.
4. Cover the tray with cling wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least half an hour.
5. After chilling, steam for about 20 mins or until cooked.
6. When cooked, removed from the steamer and put some fried garlic or shallot oil on top.