2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (red)
2 cloves of garlic
150g of minced meat (alternatively beef or chicken)
200g of fresh mushroom (button or portobello) – chopped
5 medium sized fresh ripe tomatoes – chopped
50g carrot – chopped
½ capsicum (red or yellow) – chopped
3-4 small floweret cauliflower (or ½ celery stick) – chopped (optional)
5-6 small floweret broccoli
3 tbsp tomato paste
1½ tbsp special herbs for spaghetti bolognese from Masterfood (alternatively basil/ oregano/ mix herb)
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stocks from Maggi （上汤鸡精）
3 tbsp tomato ketchup (if u prefer a stronger taste)
½ tbsp sugar
100 ml water
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated parmesan cheese to serve
1. Heat oil in a cooking pot and sautee onion and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add in minced meat to fry until browned.Add in mushroom and stir fry for a while.
3. Add in chopped vegetables (carrot, capsicum, cauliflower) and mix well.
4. Add in seasonings and mix well.
5. Add in tomatoes and mix well.
6. Bring mixture to boil, reduce the heat and simmer (with lid cover) for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent it from catching on the bottom of the cooking pot.
7. Remove the lid and continue to simmer for another ½ hour, stirring occasionally.
8. Cook pasta according to the instruction on the packet.
9. Boil broccoli until cooked.
10. Drain, toss with extra virgin olive oil and serve with the sauce, topped with the cheese if you wish